Love Some More

Love Some More

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Growing Up. Letting Go!!

Hahahahahah........Wassup Dear??

No I am not gonna begin my usual way; not by apologising for not being able to post regularly. Its done to death ya. And now its different. It 4 Days to my 30th. I am at my emotional best with these preceding days. And I am not apologetic about just about anything. Mistakes happen. And I live like an open book. And that does not in anyway mean that anybody & everybody is an authority on my life.

Yes I understand people are expecting me to grow up all the time. More so coz I keep talking of my 30th birthday nowadays. But I have a different plan; Yes!! While I am aging, I am not going to grow old. Rather I am going to reverse the process. And in the process upset a lot of people. But then thats true anyways. I am not here to please everyone in anycase.

I know, acknowledge and absolutely respect the fact that a lot of people out there love me, care for me and are my well wishers. But my darlings, right now I am not in a mood for your idea of how my life should be. You might think and most probably you have already made up your mind that I am extraordinarily arrogant. And I am not even gonna try to change that. But what I definitely will attempt to let you know here is This. "What might have been good for me to reach here, might not be BEST for me to reach where I want to be."
 
And it is humanly not possible for most of you to be able to develop the perspective of my life the way I am seeing it. Not because you don't want to but mostly because you should spend that time developing a perspective for your life rather than mine.
 
As it happens to be the time of year that most states of India are celebrating their traditional New Years as per the solar calender, here is a small gift from me to you. A poem by Samuel Ullman that I first read in the year 2009 and since then has always been very close to my heart. I have often shared with people in different contexts, but here it is in MY context. In the context of GROWING UP but not OLD this year:




YOUTH - by Samuel Ullman
 
Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind; it is not a matter of rosy cheeks, red lips and supple knees; it is a matter of the will, a quality of the imagination, a vigor of the emotions; it is the freshness of the deep springs of life.

Youth means a temperamental predominance of courage over timidity of the appetite, for adventure over the love of ease. This often exists in a man of sixty more than a body of twenty. Nobody grows old merely by a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals.

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. Worry, fear, self-distrust bows the heart and turns the spirit back to dust.

Whether sixty or sixteen, there is in every human being's heart the lure of wonder, the unfailing child-like appetite of what's next, and the joy of the game of living. In the center of your heart and my heart there is a wireless station; so long as it receives messages of beauty, hope, cheer, courage and power from men and from the Infinite, so long are you young.

When the aerials are down, and your spirit is covered with snows of cynicism and the ice of pessimism, then you are grown old, even at twenty, but as long as your aerials are up, to catch the waves of optimism, there is hope you may die young at eighty.


See Ya. Have Fun. Stay Alive.

loads of love
Soh
 

2 comments:

Haresh Purswani said...

Wishing u loads of fun, love luck and prosperity for this blessed day and many more days to come...Have a wonderful bday
Cheers

Haresh Purswani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.