Love Some More

Love Some More

Monday, December 23, 2013

What I Read is what YOU Read - Part 2

Hey All My Lovely Ones,

I know. I know its been a while. Perhaps all of you have come back here to see if I decided to get up from my blogging slumber. Well see, I finally did. Today.

This blog of mine has always been for me a medium of deeper contemplation about life and me. Thus it is almost always triggered by a present moment. A moment disruptive enough to set you in what a dear friend refers to "Thinking Mode".

The year 2013 is coming to an end. Kids are hoping Santa will leave them their favorite gifts tonight in their stockings world over(HOPE). Youngsters have their plans chalked out- where, how, when and with whom they will usher in the new year(PLAN). Some are going to merely change the digit at the end of the date string(ROUTINE). And there is a large number of those who will perhaps be thankful only to see the next year come by(SURVIVE).

Hope. Plan. Routine. Survive.
My take on this year end is summed up in the above four words. With every stage of life what we do with a particular event changes. Hope keeps us going, while planning brings us exhilaration of a possibility that our wishes will be fulfilled but then Routine sets in with its mundanity and you are only glad that you survived it. :)

That takes me to this piece of poetry that I have a print of on my office desk pin board. In my view Henley captures the essence of "going about life" so magnificently that poets in every lifetime will wonder how to transcend the benchmark set by him more than 100years ago.

Pinning it below for you all to read. Hope you like it. Leave a comment to share your views.

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul. 

2 comments:

Haresh Purswani said...

Hope this sonnet throttles some deeper understanding of the world and hope the author can trust and envisage what life unveils with good and like minded souls....Amen!

Haresh Purswani said...

Tu vi banjara te saajan mein vi banjaara...kahaan talaashe dhol thikaana...tu vi banjaara te saajan mein bhi banjaaara....!!! Saasson ke beech; dil baithaa Qatar mein...banaaye roz, roz bigaade kaisi galti yeh bataata....tu vi banjaara te sajan mein vi banjaara....!!!!